What interests me
I’ve always been interested in developing people and in understanding what makes them tick. More and more in my work, I’m seeking to understand not only what drives my clients but what has wounded them in the past. Then we can have a conversation about what might be holding them back, in order to find out how they can move forward more confidently.
So I see myself as a trusted confidante and guide through troubled times. My role is to walk alongside my clients while offering support and sometimes challenge. From my own experience of counselling as a client I have received profound acceptance of who I am and what I need. I believe it’s a genuinely healing experience.
I have practised as a counsellor/psychotherapist for over 10 years, so now I have gained a wealth of experience and knowledge in order to fulfil the accreditation criteria for multiple professional bodies.
I also hold a clear record, checked by the Disclosure Bureau Service (formerly known as a CRB check).
I am also registered with several insurance companies, including Bupa, Cigna, Simply Health, PruHealth, WPA, Allianz, Aviva. So please contact me if you’d like counselling to be funded by your insurer.
The start of my journey towards offering counselling in Malmesbury was benefiting from counselling myself about 15 years ago for the first time. Then I wanted to share the value of what I’d learned, so I could offer to others the kind of interactive support that I found so valuable. After completing a three-year training and started practising over 10 years ago now. Since then I’ve been awarded further qualifications and accreditations by a number of therapy associations. So you can be sure you’ll be speaking to someone who’s a qualified professional, committed to working ethically and confidentially.
Before starting this kind of work, my previous career was in advertising as a client account manager for 15 years. I worked for BBDO, a global agency network, in the UK, Europe and USA, for clients including Sainsbury’s in London, E&J Gallo Wineries in San Francisco, then latterly running GE’s corporate campaigns across the EMEA region. So I understand the demands of working in a fast-paced environment in a demanding yet skilful role for a notable company.
My professional status
- Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP): 541524
- Accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT): 2404
- Accredited member of the National Council of Psychotherapists (NCP): 202502.
- Accredited member of the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP): 1364
- Accredited Executive Coach, Member of the Association for Coaching (ACUK)
- Member of the UK Psychological Trauma Society and European Society for Trauma Stress Studies
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM)
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling, CPPD 2003
- Certificate in Working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse, CPPD 2006
- Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling, 2010-2011
- Diploma in Supervision, 2009
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, 2009
- Certified NLP Practitioner, 2008
- Diploma in Life Coaching, 2008
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy, 2008
- Diploma in Organisational Development and Executive Coaching, 2006
- Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma, 1991
- MA in Social and Political Science, University of Cambridge 1993
- BA (Hons) in Social and Political Science, University of Cambridge 1989
SPEAKER EVENTS AND CORPORATE WORK
From time to time I’ve been asked to present a seminar or workshop as CPD (Continuous Professional Development) for teams in-house or conference attendees. Client companies have included financial institutions and law firms in particular.
Topics have included:
- Dealing with difficult or emotional clients,
- Personality clashes at work,
- What’s your poison: identifying addiction,
- The science of stress (physical symptoms and neurology),
- Building resilience at work,
- Archetypes suitable for collaborative law.
I love this kind of work, so if you think I might be a good presenter for your team or conference, do get in touch.